I always have weird fabric bits laying around in patterns I wouldn’t necessarily make into a garment. Which is why I like this project:, I can display my interesting fabric finds as great decor.
- Shoe box or scrap box lid
- Scrap fabric
1. Cut your fabric to fit the box lid with a bit of excess.
2. Staple the fabric to both of the first opposing sides of the lid. Ensure that the fabric is pulled tightly so it looks smooth across the lid.
3. Staple the remaining sides tucking the corners how you would wrap a present ensuring the fabric is still pulled tightly on all sides.
4. Last thing to do is cut any excess fabric that may weigh it down while hanging.
And now you have super easy fabric box lid “canvases!” Great for any space in your home.